Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Its My Party And I'll Cry If I Want To

So DD had a blast at her birthday- until the mascot arrived - then it was drama city. She completely freaked and clung to me and insisted Uncle Vicks chase it away. Which he did but the blasted thing kept coming back thinking it could win her over. WRONG. DD doesnt get won over by purple coloured burgerlookalikes with earphones on - quite frankly neither do I. I mean if you're going to have a mascot make it lah cuddly and cute - not scary and evil looking...and what is with the earphones??
But having said that some of the kids at the party loved the mascot - my nephew repeatedly hugged it to prove the point. So yes DD picker-upper of gross vermin and slithery creatures quails in the face of warm and cuddly mascot. Whats more it spoilt the cutting cake moment as all the shots we have of her are of her with a manic smile aimed at the camera but her eyeballs placed firmly to the left keeping an eye on the purple monster to see if it was coming back.

But she had fun on the whole and enjoyed the dance-y music - at one point while dancing a look of terror crossed her face and she looked at me, "Mumma my nappy's falling down", Aki (6yr old little boy full of bravado) trying to come to her rescue asked "Whats the problem DD?" She said "My nappy's fallin down", Aki backing away horrified "Uh Oh I cant handle nappy situations you gotta ask your mumma to help" - yeah yeah its always mumma innit...what about calling dad once in a while.

CNY seemed very quiet this year - other than the blasted Dragon dances which seemed to go on at every floor of our condo. I hope its chased away all the evil spirits and hobgoblins etc. coz it sure was loud enough to make me poop in my pants. The Year of the Boar is supposed to be of mixed fortune this year as it combines the water and fire elements which causes conflict. But those born in the Year of Boar are supposed to be happy, honest, trustworthy people full of courage and integrity and apparently having kids in the Year of the Boar is very fortunate...so get to it people - procreate!

Had the most delicsh tom yam goong at Basil (BangsarVillage) and excellent Sarawak Laksa at Laksa Shack at Midvalley, yes a soupy weekend for me and mine - diet be damned.