Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Pan Asians

"Information minister's call for reducing the number of Pan-Asian looking models in TV Commercials met with consternation from pan asian models" - You Dont Say. Please lah who is the info minister trying to kid, its an accepted fact that Malaysians in general think anything with a smidgen of mat salleh is superior to the hard-core original non-diluted version of any race. We can only blame our own racist tendencies for the proliferation of pan-asian models so its a bit much for clueless Info Minister to want to cut back as it were...its not the Pan-Asians fault that the public in general falls over themselves to get at the Pan Asian version - but on the other hand its a bit weird how every single pan-asian I know veers towards modelling...you dont see pan-asians beavering away at the bank/call centres/courts/hospitals etc. do you? How many pan-asian doctors do you know?

Ok I know we all say that the last thing we want to turn into is our mothers - especially when we are growing up and everything mum does appears wrong, wrong, wrong to our hormone addled brains. Well isnt it funny how the minute they hand you your first-born at the hospital you morph into - YOUR MUM. Happened to me for sure - I am now officially a clone of my mum...weird part is - I'm okay with that. Hey the woman did a damn good job raising me and if I can do the same with DD - I'm home free ! Now there's a statement I'd never have thought I'd make a couple of years ago - but its true, why? because I said so - and I'm your mother - (ok not literally but you get what I mean).