Monday, February 12, 2007

Words

Me-"Why are you shouting?"
DD-"Because I want you to hear me"
Me-"I can hear you better when you speak quietly with your nice voice"
DD-"But I like shouting mumma coz you look at me faster"......

Best penang fried kuay teow in town? At a medan selera type thing called Ming Nien in Taman Mayang....so delish, and the wet popiah is excellent too. You can also get 25 different types of ice kacang-y type desserts - my fav being the one with durian flesh decorated all over the shaved ice - warning ! diets must be left at entrance. DH introduced me to this place when we were a-dating and we have been regulars ever since...its not fancy but its cheapandyummy. Only down side is you have cambodian/vietnamese type waiters who CANNOT.STOP.STARING.AT.YOUR.BOOBS. when you are trying to place your drink order (maybe they are still getting to grips with malay/english and are looking south for some sort of illumination). Thankfully food orders are placed directly at the particular stalls.

The life of an in-house counsel is one filled with irritation - especially from end-users (ie rest of the company) who subscribe to the "anything which has words in it is the purview of the lawyers". I asked an end user to prepare a Scope of Work/Deliverables attachment for a contract I'm preparing for him. The answer - "do you want that in words?" - no in smoke signals......git.

And I hate it when user groups accost me (especially when I'm dashing to the loo) and ask - "so how's the contract?" !!!!!
A. which contract? there is more than just one contract on my table B. its fine, vital stats are good and its in the pink of health - discharge date soon....now can I go wee.