Thursday, March 1, 2007

Old -Shmold

Loved Cate Blanchett's dress at the Oscars - so right now innit. Tried to stay up and watch the whole show but frankly only the red carpet bit was worth it. Jennifer Hudson needs to take her badself down to her local Target and get a proper bra-fitting done - boob windmills are not a good look. And Ellen Degeneres is poor subsitute for my other husband ie in my parallel universe Jon Stewart...come back Jon- hearts are a pining.

Dont we love going to reunions to catch up with old friends and see how our mates have aged - only to find its as if we never left high school/uni etc. Was at my university alumni annual dinner a couple of days ago and its amazing how well everyone has aged...to tell the truth we are all looking younger now than we did 16 yrs ago when we first met as straggly haired, buck toothed teens dressed in what can only be politely termed dumpster fashion. And in the words of one friend whom I said this looking-younger-now thing too "Ohmygod I must have looked crap back then" - erm ok moving swiftly along. But really despite kids - 5 in some cases - (I hate you Shila), time and life in general - we've still got IT...and IT just got better ! well done notts. alumnus, we scrub up well dont we? More than the aesthetics - keep up the young at heart spirits - so encouraging to see we all find the same lame jokes bloody hilarious....still.

DD has decided that having five toes on each leg is just an extravagance and has asked me why she needs her little toe as Piglet and Pooh bear dont have little toes. I'm sorry but I just officially ran out of "reasons for little toes" - so I did what every self respecting mother with an unnaturally (read ridiculously) curious child does, I said "Dont be silly, be quiet and go to sleep".